Current restrictions on non-essential medical procedures were put into place in late March to ensure healthcare systems had enough staffing, bed capacity and personal protective equipment (PPE) to care for all patients, as well as to limit the spread of COVID-19. Since that time, the state has begun to loosen restrictions allowing an increase in services to best treat patients without delaying medical services.
Wolverine Dermatology has been able to ensure CDC recommendations are put in place allowing us the flexibility to safely open more patient care options for patients. Further, based on the CDC definition of COVID-19 risk exposure, dermatology practices fit into the lowest risk category.
What we are doing:
- Implementing best practices for infection prevention and control
- Continuing to offer Telehealth appointments for skin care needs such as acne (including Accutane), biologic and immunosuppressive medications, and routine follow-ups
- Prioritizing in-person patient interactions and face-to-face appointments for the most vulnerable patients, and for necessary services
- Reassuring patients of appropriate safety measures
- Gradually performing more procedures while assuring appropriate surge capacity and conserving PPE
Wolverine Dermatology will continue to focus on the needs of our patients and care for people to the best of our ability. It is our joy and privilege to deliver high quality care to patients with respect and compassion.
Thank you for allowing us to continue to care for you and your family.
Let’s continue to work together to keep our community strong!